11-DAY CONSERVATION EXPERIENCE FOR CAT LOVERS
The ultimate conservation experience for cat lovers and those with a fascination in nomadic cultures! Whether it be cheetahs or leopards, bushmen or hunter-gatherer tribes, this is a journey that will provide you with a life changing experience as you contribute to the conservation of Namibia’s cats and diminishing traditional tribes.
Go telemetry tracking for lions, elephants and leopards. Walk with caracals and go behind the scenes of the Leopard Conservation Fund. Join San Bushmen around their evening fire and listen to their traditional stories about the stars, animals, galaxies and the universe. Go on a bush hunt with the Ju’hoan hunters, collecting bush foods of berries, tubers, honey and small animals.
We invite you to join Crooked Compass on this incredible journey through the soul of Namibia’s rich wildlife and raw culture.
Book before 31 October 2018 and pay only $7,877* per person.
- Return airport transfers
- 11 nights accommodation
- 10 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- Services of an English speaking local guide
- Private transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle for transfers
- National Park fees
- Safari vehicle
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- Local taxes
- Visit the world-class research and conservation facility of the Cheetah Conservation Fund.
- 4-night stay at the Nhoma Safari Camp – try your hand at traditional games and learn how the men prepare for a hunt. During the evening you will witness a traditional healing dance.
- Set out on foot guided by Ju’hoan hunters. With no fixed trail to follow, you will explore the land in search of berries, tubers, honey, as well as tracking animals including antelope.
- Visit the Erindi Global Leopard Project, a registered foundation dedicated to the conservation of leopards through research and communication. You will have the opportunity to join in the incredible conservation work they’re undertaking and head out to try and locate one of these magnificent creatures. You might find yourself checking capture traps and helping download data from GPS collars.
- Option to go telemetry tracking for wildlife such as lion, elephant, cheetah, pangolin, serval, honey-badger, brown and spotted hyena etc.
- OR Pangolin tracking
- With with caracals
- Spend time with the San bushmen as you learn about their nomadic lifestyles, setting game traps, tracking animals and discovering plants for medicinal purposes.
- Stay in countries best boutique lodges which support the local communities and execute responsible tourism and conservation practices.
Day 1: Cheetah Conservation Fund
Day 2: Nhoma Safari Camp, Bushmanland
Day 3: Bush walk /hunt
Day 4: Khaudom
Day 5: Nyae Nyae Pans
Day 6: Erindi Private Game Reserve
Day 7: Telemetry Tracking or Pangolin Tracking
Day 8: Global Leopard project
Day 9: Na’an ku sê
Day 10: Caracal Walk
Day 11: San Bushman
Day 12: Departure
For further information about the above tour, including alternate departure dates, please speak with your Travel Partners travel expert.
Speak to your Travel Partners travel expert about flight specials and transport to get you to Namibia.
Safe travels from Travel Partners Australia ✈️
Terms and conditions: *Prices are per person, twin share in AUD, based on the cheapest departure date available at time of publication and inclusive of all discounts, taxes and charges (which are subject to change). Valid for new bookings made before 31 October 2018. All savings and bonus nights (if applicable) are included in the advertised price. Prices are subject to change based on availability and may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change. A strictly limited number of offers are available on selected itineraries and departure dates. General: Prices correct from publication but is subject to change at the discretion of the tour operator and may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change. Limited availability in peak periods. All offers and prices are subject to availability and can change without notice. Amounts payable to third parties not included. Offers may be withdrawn without notice and are not combinable with any other offers unless stated. Cancellation and change fees will apply. Booking may be subject to compulsory credit card fees and service charges. Other conditions apply. Travel Partners Australia reserve the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees and surcharges at any time. ff681d