Travel Partners is committed to protecting your privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
The Privacy Act governs how we utilise your data for the purposes of providing our service to you as a client. We may collect, use and disclose your personal information. We do not sell, trade, and rent your personal information without your consent. Your personal information will be collected when you deal with us over the telephone, send us a letter or an email, visit our website, complete an online registration form, provide information to complete a booking or subscribe to a service provided by us. We may also collect your personal information from others who make a booking on your behalf.
Types of personal information collected
The types of personal information that we collect and hold will vary depending on your dealings with us. This information may include any or all of the following:
- information about who you are, including your mailing address, telephone number,
- electronic addresses including your email address;
- payment information, including credit card number and expiry date; and
- details of your flight, hotel and car bookings and other travel details including your travel history.
We will only collect your sensitive information with your consent and where it is required or recommended for your travel arrangements. The types of sensitive information that we collect and hold may include health information (such as allergies or other health information), religious information (such as dietary requirements) or information relating to or arising from your travel insurance arrangements.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, such as:
- when you submit information through our website;
- in person;
- in the course of providing you with a requested product, service or benefit; or
- when you have other dealings with us.
We may also collect personal information through:
- our related bodies corporate;
- our business partners;
- third parties who supply services to us;
- other travel and accommodation providers or insurance providers; and
- government bodies located domestically or overseas.
Use of your personal information
Your personal information will only be used or disclosed as is necessary for the following purposes:
- to provide you with travel products and services;
- to consider your request for a product or service;
- to assist in arrangements and reservations with suppliers (such as airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers) in relation to the provision of a product or service;
- to collect and process payments, though us or a third party;
- to perform all other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training, and market or customer satisfaction research);
- to facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
- to analyse how our products and services (including any websites) are used;
- to personalise the service or communication we provide to you, tailor your experience on our website or other websites to your interests and make more appropriate travel recommendations; and
- to investigate, detect and protect us and other third parties against, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities.
If you are comfortable providing us with information about yourself, services such as travel information will become available to you. In some instances where we are selling products and services to you we require financial information as well as personal information.
We may also use and disclose your personal information to send marketing communications to you from:
- our related bodies corporate;
- our business partners; and
- our third party service providers.
The direct marketing may relate to our products and services, and other products and services that may be of interest to you including information about the products and services of our related bodies corporate, business partners, or our service providers.
If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, including communications from us on behalf of our related bodies corporate, business partners or third party service providers, please do so using the opt-out facility provided in the communication, or by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details in the section titled ‘Contact details’ below.
Cookies and session data
Cross-Border data flows
It may be necessary at times to disclose your personal information to third party providers (including our suppliers, travel service providers, airline call centre operators, airline website managers, cloud infrastructure, government organisations and data centre providers) located domestically or overseas, including countries you are traveling to or over, in order to arrange for bookings in relation to travel and accommodation. In some instances we may also direct you to another third party website. You accept that it may be the case that these third parties or third party websites do not have sufficient privacy policies in place.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to our disclosure of your personal information to organisations in those countries even though it may not receive the same protections that it would in Australia. You may request us not to transfer your personal information to the countries listed above, but if you do so we may not be able to provide the services or products you have requested from us.
Safe handling of personal information
We utilise secure server software that encrypts data prior to it being sent to us, this prevents useful data from being intercepted. We also utilise firewall systems to protect your data from unauthorised users. Our secure servers store your data. At all times we will endeavour to take all reasonable precautions to maintain the security of the information in our systems.
Credit Card Security
In the conduct of its normal commercial interaction with you as a client we may ask you for your credit card details in order to process a transaction for a service related to your booking. Your credit card information is held securely by us for this purpose only and is not passed on or further transmitted to any other company or entity. Only authorized staff has access to your personal details.
Information about other travellers
We may from time to time monitor and review any information transmitted or received through our website, or through telephone or e-mail communications as well as from a third party, for quality assurance and other purposes. We reserve the right to censor, edit, remove or prohibit the transmission or receipt of any information that is inappropriate or in violation of our terms and conditions. Information may be recorded, examined or copied during monitoring.
Accessing and updating personal information
You are entitled in most circumstances to access your personal information that is held by us. We will need to verify your identity before giving you access. Depending on the complexity of your request, a reasonable fee may be charged to cover any costs incurs in providing access for you to your personal information.
If you identify that your personal information is either inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date please contact us using the address details below and we will take reasonable steps to correct the information within a reasonable time of the request being made.
Making a complaint and removal of personal information
You have rights to access your personal information from us, to request us to correct the information, and to make a complaint to us about a breach of your privacy rights in relation to the information. If you have any complaints please refer to our Complaint Handling Policy and Procedures, you can contact our Privacy Officer using the details in the section titled ‘Contact details’ below. We will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.
Ph.:(02) 9283 3599 (Option 1)
Last updated September 2014